The following are Pictorial Directions for Baby Bootie Pattern 5 (Sweetgrass Meadow).
The Pattern is available in a PDF Download for $8.99.
Pattern fits small Preemies up to Babies with a 4-inch foot.
***Please wait after completing your purchase through PayPal, to be redirected by PayPal to your pattern.
You may then save it to your computer and print it.
You will no longer be sent an email with a link or attached pattern... unless for some reason the redirect doesn't work, which has been happening. If you aren't redirected, please email me and I will email the pattern to you as soon as I can.
Here we go...the last one in the 5 Pattern series!
1. Cut out 2 tops and 2 soles of Main fabric and 2 of lining fabric. Cut 2 ankle bands out of ribbing.
2. With right sides together, sew heel seams together on all 4 top pieces.
3. Fold ankle bands in half length-wise and sew seams. Press all seams open, unless you serged them. If serged...when you put the seams together in the next steps, fold seam allowances in opposite directions so the seams will have less bulk. In the ribbing below the seam will twist at the fold.
4. Place 1 main top and 1 lining top with wrong sides together, with the lining on the top.
5. Fold the ribbing in half with wrong sides together.
6. Place the the ankle band (cuff) inside the bootie. Pin in place so the ribbing seams and the back seams are lined up together.
7. Stretch and sew ribbing to bootie top. You may zigzag around the seam allowance to finish if you like.
*Tip (Hack)... Tip the bootie on its side so that the pinned edges are next to your presser foot and place your presser foot in the middle on the ribbing and stretch the ribbing while sewing it to the bootie, keeping the bootie's toe out of the way as you sew the seam, it will work a lot easier than if you try to sew it from the outside.
8. Pull the cuff up so it is sticking out of the top.
9. Place soles and lining wrong sides together.
10. Pin soles to bootie with right sides of main fabric together matching toe and heel notches.
11. Sew them together.
12. You may finish the seam with a zigzag if you wish.
13. Turn right-side out.
14. You may fold the cuff down, or not!
15. OK, finish up the other bootie.
Wow! Look at that! You have completed a pair of booties. They look Fabulous!
Now, go take pictures and post them on our Flickr group to share and inspire others http://www.flickr.com/groups/lbtbabybootieart/