Now I have decided to try something new, for me. Pictorials. I am sure you know that it means; containing illustrations or photographs, as opposed to writing or text. However mine will contain text too.
The following are Pictorial Directions for Baby Bootie Pattern 2 (Asparas Dreams). Patterns are available for sale in a PDF Download for $8.99 Pattern fits small Preemies up to Babies with a 4 inch foot.
Please let me know what you think and if this will help you more than the drawn illustrations included in the pattern.
1. Cut out 2 sides on fold, 2 tops (inserts) and 4 soles (2 of lining fabric)
2. Mark elastic placement line on the wrong side of the fabric.
3. With right sides together, pin, then sew top insets into sides matching notches and elastic placement line.
4. Stretch and sew 1/8" wide elastic to placement line on the wrong side of the outer bootie.
5. Sew center back seam with right sides together, matching elastic ends.
6. Pull the lining half of the bootie down over outer half so wrong sides are together. Match toe notches and heel seams. Pin.
7. Place 2 soles (1 outer fabric and 1 lining) wrong sides together and pin to bootie matching toe notches and heel notch to heel seam. Pin starting with the heel, then ease together around the toe.
8. Sew bootie to sole starting mid-way and going around the heel first. Be sure you catch all 4 layers in the seam. My preferences are to sew the seam then go around it with a zigzag, then once more with a straight stitch to make sure it is the same width all around.
9. Turn right-side out.
Waa Laa! One done. Now go do the other one so you have a pair.
Now, go take pictures and post them on our Flickr group to share and inspire others http://www.flickr.com/groups/lbtbabybootieart/
Thanks for playing,